Statement of intent
Frederic Chopin Polish School CIC in Bath (FCISS) will endeavour to be open without disruption. Where disruption is unavoidable, all involved at Frederic Chopin Polish School CIC will be kept informed and Frederic Chopin Polish School CIC will reopen at the earliest opportunity.
In the unlikely event that Frederic Chopin Polish School CIC has to close at times other than scheduled in the normal opening hours and dates, the policy will be applied to ensure that all involved at Frederic Chopin Polish School CIC has a clear understanding of the procedures which will take place.
In the event of the fire alarm sounding:
- The School’s Director to take folder/register, first aid box, phone and signing in sheet.
- Children/young people to be lined up at the safest exit by the staff (& head count taken on the way out).
- Children to be escorted out of the building to the designated fire meeting point. If working off site, a named fire meeting point will be given.
- Last staff member out of building (on each level, if using upstairs area) to check toilets, and potential areas where children/young people may be left behind.
- Head count to be carried out first and then register/signing in sheet to be called and children accounted for.
- Under no circumstances must any person re-enter the building until they are told it is safe to do so by the emergency services.
In the event of a fire being noticed:
- A member of staff to activate fire alarm and above procedure to be followed.
Only tackle the fire if you feel that it is safe to do so and that the delay is not likely to endanger any persons present in the building (including yourself!).
- Session leaders to take folder/register, phone, first aid box and signing in sheet.
- Children/young people to be lined up at the safest exit by the staff members.
- Children/young people to be escorted out of the building and head count to be made whilst children are on their way out.
- Children escorted to designated point where register is to be taken.
- Everyone to wait at designated point until all clear has been given by emergency services.
Designated Meeting Points
Fire – far end on the right hand side at the meadow